Tuesday, May 21, 2013


Well, today I celebrate 1.5 years as a member of the Church by sitting in this internet shop in Bugaba, listening to the rain hit the tin roof, and enjoying the cool breeze. I am happy.
So, we had changes last week, and I ended up going to Panama to receive my new companion. Her name is Hermana Vargas, from Ecuador, 20 years old, and full of energy. I have learned a lot from her already, and I know I will continue to grow spiritually (and in my spanish) this change with her. We had a Relief Society Activity in our branch on saturday, and it was a lot of fun to learn why the women here appreciate this wonderfully inspired program.
Last change we had found a family in our area, but they didnt seem too interested in the gospel. When Hna Vargas came last week, I had the feeling we should try one more time. The wife of the family, Evelyn, welcomed us with open arms. She explained how they are Hindu and they dont know much about what we believe. We taught her the message of the Restoration, then invited her to the RS activity. SHE CAME! Then we invited her to church on sunday, and she stayed for ALL THREE HOURS! Serious miracle. She participated actively, and was curious to learn more. We gave her a chapter to read in the Book of Mormon, and we are going to visit her again this week.
While I was in the city, I was able to talk to Brother Galke who was the session director of one of the EFY sessions i did last summer. His son, Brayden, who was in my company, has received his mission call to NY spanish speaking. Congrats, Brayden! One of my brothers in the gospel, Eduardo Cavazos, is waiting for his call which should be in his hands this week! The work moves forward, and the Lord continues to bless us all with opportunities to serve His children around the world!
Until next week,
Hna Bond