Monday, July 22, 2013

We divided the area with the other sisters, and we are working in Cerro Punta, Bambito, and the places in between. I am in paradise. We have a service project this week where we're going to pick potatoes in the fields up in the mountain with a family we found last week. The branch is super strong here, and the members have welcomed us with arms wide open. Since its Pioneer Month, there is a big activity we are preparing for. Hermana Medellin and I will be singing a few hymns to contribute to the activity.
It was a little hard to leave Puerto Armuelles behind. I thought a lot about our investigators and members this past week. But then we went to church yesterday and I found one of the many reasons the Lord has put us here for the time being. Her name is Rachel Young- she is 24 years old and she is a beacon of light and love. She made it a point to introduce me to all of the members, and made me feel very welcome. She knew my name, where i was from, and she shared her hymnal with me during sacrament meeting. I feel the Savior's love when she smiles. The four sister missionaries, we had lunch with Rachel and her family yesterday after church. Sister Young is a super, all-american mom who  makes homemade bread and is crafty. Brother Young is a kind, humble man who lifted me up with encouraging words. I loved being in their home, listening to their heartfelt prayers, and hearing a short, sincere message about family history from Rachel. Since the Young's speak english, i was able to translate for the other sisters, and by the end of Rachel's lesson, all of us were in tears. Rachel was right! We have a great responsibility and privilege to do family history research and move along God's plan of happiness.

"There is something about reviewing the lessons of the past to prepare us to face the challenges of the future. What a glorious legacy of faith, courage, and integrity those noble early Mormon pioneers have left for us to build upon." - L. Tom Perry

I love you all. Happy Pioneers Month!