Thursday, September 12, 2013

August 19th - Lomas

"The gospel is all about bringing together the people we love." - Joseph Smith
Someone once told me that after every rainy day the sun would shine. How true and applicable that is in Panama! This week we discovered some new parts of our area, but with tons of hills. We returned home every night just exhausted, but happy. One day, we were trying to get a bus back to our neighborhood, and waited for 45 minutes. Finally i saw the bus coming! But as i took my eyes off the approaching bus, i looked accross the street. A woman was staring at me, with a look in her eyes that she had been waiting for me. I smiled and waved, but she just kept staring and waitng. I said to Hna De Leon, "we have to go over there." We looked at the bus, shrugged our shoulders, and ran over to the woman. As we got to know her, Sandra told us about how she had passed our church in Cardenas. We explained to her that its the temple, and how it differs from a chapel. She smiled and asked "When can i go!?" We are excited to return this week and teach her the steps she can take to enter the temple. I learned that sometimes we have to take our eyes off of the things that we want, step out of our comfort zone, and help the people who are waiting for this gospel.
Tomorrow i hit my 6 month mark in the mission. Wow! Time sure is flying. I am so incredibly grateful for this opportunity to be serving the Lord. I hope each of you has the opportunity to learn more about this Gospel, because not a day goes by that i don't than Heavenly Father for the chance I had! I know this church is truly the restored church of Jesus Christ, and that Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet who receives revelation to bless us and guide us in these latter days. I love you all.
-Hna Bond