Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

!! Hey, the blog is updated since December until today !!

To celebrate my one year mark on the mission, a member bought the 4 sisters in Chitre street hotdogs. BAD IDEA. I have NEVER experienced stomach problems like that in my life! I went to the bathroom 9 times. NINE. We were even contacting near the hospital and we had to run in the emergency room so I could use their bathroom there. HORRIBLE. Painful. I will never eat street food again. Then a nice zit came up on my face. What a memorable day in the mission of Hermana Bond! Life is never boring for me, huh?

We had karaoke night on Thursday, and a lot of the members had requested that I would sing a country song, since I'm a Texan. The other missionaries took it upon themselves to have me sing Shania Twain, and MAN I felt like a woman!!! It was so fun getting up there and singing for the members. None of them understood what I was saying, but they laughed as I danced around and used my country twang.

Today we, the zone of Chitre, will find out if we have changes or not. This is the week of Carnavales, and the missionaries who have changes will be leaving the area to work in the city until March 5th. Those who do not have changes will be staying here, but passing every day with the branch president in the chapel and out in the country. So, I guess we'll wait and see.

I have learned a lot this week from Doctrine and Covenants 88. I re-read the talk by President Eyring called "A Voice of Warning", and it impacted me greatly.
"The Lord would not use the word warn if there is no danger. Yet not many people we know sense it. They have learned to ignore the increasing evidence that society is unraveling and that their lives and family lack the peace they once thought was possible. That willingness to ignore the signs of danger can make it easy for you to think: Why should I speak to anyone about the gospel who seems content? What danger is there to them or to me if I do or say nothing? Well, the danger may be hard to see, but it is real, both for them and for us. For instance, at some moment in the world to come, everyone you will ever meet will know what you know now. They will know that the only way to live forever in association with our families and in the presence of our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, was to choose to enter into the gate by baptism at the hands of those with authority from God. They will know that the only way families can be together forever is to accept and keep sacred covenants offered in the temples of God on this earth. And they will know that you knew. And they will remember whether you offered them what someone had offered you."
May we all strive to hear the voice of warning, and heed to those promptings. I love you all!