Monday, March 10, 2014

March 3

March is the best time of year. Especially because birthday month has started! Turns out I have changes, and I will be in my new area with a new companion in 2 days.
On Wednesday we met Elder Amado, the President of Central America. He is incredible, and the Spirit testified so clearly to me the things I need to change and be better at. I thought it was interesting that he spoke almost 2 hours about marriage and having children to a group of missionaries. Well, I supposed those are commandments, too!
This week has been interesting with all of the carnavals going on around us. But us 6 missionaries in Chitre are having a blast staying out of trouble. Saturday was the birthday of one of my zone leaders, so we baked him a cake and made his favorite lunch. We played some intense basketball and I got my toenail ripped off (not fun, I dont recommend it), watched a Disney movie "Aviones", and busted out in a water balloon fight.
I have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation, which is the plan of happiness that God has given His children through modern-day prophets. I suppose this is on my heart because I just found out that my Uncle Steve has finally lost his long battle to cancer. I dare not lose hope, for I know that Christ lives; just as we may live. There is a life beyond the grave, and I know that this life is a time of preparation. I love my family, and I know that I can be with them forever if I remain faithful and dilligent in keeping the commandments and living a Christ-like life.
Find out more about it here: http://mormon.org/beliefs/plan-of-salvation
I love you all.
Happy Birthday, Butthead!