Sunday, June 29, 2014

6/23/2014

Howdy! On Friday we worked with a returned missionary all day long. After one of the lessons one of the big airplanes flew overhead and he said, "Quick Bond! How much distance is between you and that airplane??" "I dont know, maybe 300 yards?" "NOPE! 2 MONTHS!!!" Ouch. 


We had some of the less-actives we've been working with in church yesterday. One of the men that came hasn't been around in about 7 years. One of the little old women in the branch who adored this man came up and told me, "Congrats, Hermana. You've done a good thing. Thanks for bringing back my boy." It's all worth it. I love thinking of the invitation that President Carmack gave us: "Find the next covenant the people need to make, and help them make it." And that's where we are.

It's been raining a lot lately. I fell in the mud. OOPS!

I went to Arraijan today for Pday, and saw Tio Lam for his birthday. I just love being around him. He makes me want to be better. I also was able to practice some dialect with the Kuna families I love so much.

This Friday marks 170 years since the Prophet Joseph Smith was killed. I would like to take the opportunity to testify of this noble man's life and death. I have come to know that he truly was a prophet of God, used in the Lord's hands to restore the everlasting gospel to the earth. I know that he faced his death with courage in his heart, having read from the Book of Mormon just moments before he was shot. I admire his strength and willingness to always obey the Lord's command. 

I love you all!