Monday, July 14, 2014

7/14/14 - Pigs, Temple Square, and simplicity

I am staying in Nueva Esperanza with Hermana Garcia to finish up my mission! President Carmack also closed the area next to ours to the Elders, and now we are opening the area. We are happy, we are working HARD!

We've started a running club in the morning with a few women in the neighborhoods near us. We meet up at 6:30 and do some exercises in a soccer field. It's fun, and we're slowly building confidence to be able to teach these families!

I just have to share some of the miracles of my last change, and what we're already experiencing in this new change.

Last change we found 70 less active families, and out of those, we currently have 3 preparing to be sealed in the temple next month. One of the families will actually be sealed in 2 weeks! A few single members are also preparing to enter the temple in the next few weeks. I feel so grateful!

I ran into one of my Young Women that I worked with in Arraijan, Fanny, who just received her mission call to the Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission! She is so excited, but I think I was more excited! I was there on Saturday when her and her mother went through the temple for the first time together. Such a tender mercy!

I FINALLY pet two pigs. It was just such a happy day. Their names were ChiChi and TinTin. 

There are a million more things I would love to tell, but I don't have time to write a million more things.

I wish to bear bold testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I believe that God has created a Plan in which we can better understand who we are, what our purpose is, and where we can one day live if we so choose to live and accept said Plan. I know we came from a heavenly family, and that God has sent us here and now in order to reach our fullest potential. I understand that Christ is central to this Plan, making possible our glorious return to our Maker. I have come to realize that this life will not always be easy, but as a beautiful woman once told me, "God always does good." He loves us, and He wants us to return to Him. And we can! All we must do is hearken unto His Spirit, live His gospel, make covenants, and endure well. 

His gospel is simple. May we all live as to enjoy the simplicity of His Plan! 

I love you all.
And Germany!