Monday, December 30, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

A year ago I had just found out I was going to serve in Panama, and I
thought it was the best Christmas gift I had ever been given. Now, here I
am, living and loving Panama, and I am certain that this is the new best
gift.

More than anything, this year I am grateful for my gifts of the Holy Ghost,
repentance, the Atonement, and courage to overcome. What wonderful, eternal
gifts that our Father in Heaven gives us on a daily basis! We don't need
Christmas to remember Christ. We only need humble hearts and willing minds
to remember Him in all we do and say.

Last week we had a mission Christmas party, and it was fun seeing mission
friends. Then I had immigrations on Thursday because turns out my visa was
denied, so i'm just here on tourist terms. Cool, huh? We had successful
divisions with the Hermanas from Las Tablas on Friday and Saturday, and I
learned a lot from serving those sisters. I got to know a relatively new
sister from Arkansas, Hermana Scott, who is just ten kinds of amazing. She
reminds me so much of myself when I started the mission.

Well, Merry Christmas, y'all. Enjoy these special days, and soak up the
Spirit of Christmas. Forgive the people you need to, forgive yourself, live
and learn from Christ, and UNDERSTAND the miracle of forgiveness and
charity.

I love you all!